Thinking about adding Omega 3 to your daily diet?
There’s no doubt about Omega 3 offering benefits to lots of people. The essential fatty acids in Omega 3 have been long known for their many health benefits. Studies have shown that the biggest benefits come from docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), these fatty acids are found in fish oils, although you would still get some health benefits when taking Omega-3 from plant sources, it’s recommended that you include Omega-3 from fish oils, either from eating fatty fish at least 3 times per week or buying an Omega-3 supplement.
Omega-3 fatty acids are polyunsaturated fatty acids which are essential nutrients for health. Omega3 fatty acids are needed for numerous normal body functions including controlling blood clotting and building cell membranes in the brain. These fatty acids are an essential nutrient, since the body cannot make them therefore we must obtain them through foods or supplements.
Omega 3 for skin
If you’re experiencing dry, flaky skin, then adding more Omega-3 into your diet can help. Omega-3 fatty acids – particularly (EPA) – are essential for healthy skin and hair. EPA helps regulate oil production in your skin. Having plenty of this essential fatty acid in your body helps keep your skin hydrated and prevents it from drying our and ultimately flaking.
Omega3 fatty acids can also help to protect your skin from damage. When skin is exposed to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun, harmful substances called free radicals are created, which can damage cells and lead to premature aging and even cancer. Omega 3 fatty acids act as an antioxidant that protects your body against such substances. These fatty acids not only protect against sun damage, but can help repair it. When you’re exposed to the sun’s harmful UV rays, EPA can help prevent the release of enzymes that destroy collagen, warding off sagging skin and wrinkles.
Because of their anti-inflammatory properties, Omega-3s may also help relieve skin conditions like rosacea, psoriasis, and eczema.
The benefits of including Omega 3 in your daily diet include:
- People suffering from skin disorders like psoriasis have shown improvements when taking fish oils.* Fish oils, rich in Omega 3 fatty acids (DHA and EPA) have been shown to significantly reduce deaths from heart disease.
- Improves the body’s immune system.
- Studies have shown improvement for people who suffer from depression.
- Improved memory.
- Lowered risk of developing Alzheimerís disease.
- When taken by mothers during pregnancy, it may help protect babies from allergies.
- If you have, or are in danger of developing type II diabetes, research has shown Omega 3 helps regulate blood sugar levels, and decrease insulin resistance.
Nutrabiotics Omega-3 supplements with Biotin have been specially formulated for Skin, Hair and Nails and is an excellent way to obtain Omega-3 fatty acids into your diet.